Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Heroic (really?) moments..

So, I am working on a rather long disc priest guide for the new and aspiring 80 based on the way I roll.. but because its long here is a status on my works in the realms.. I have been trying to do a dungeon on each of the toons I am playing so basically 3 lfd's a day,   Healing on Kels trying to get frost emblems,  Tanking on Calrisian, and DPS/Heals on Naurix

Kelsela - 80 Disc, I got hit with Heroic UK.. at this point .. totally not heroic .. but I do enjoy this instance because I can easy mode heal and try to outdps the tank.   I did easy mode heal but did not outdps the tank as he was appropriately geared for the instance so actually took damage, and we had a sick fury warrior with that quel sword stealing threat left and right so I had to heal him too .. but I did manage to hit about 1kdps and did about 10% of the damage done through the instance.. so it was fun.  Gold Making.. bought about 15 stacks of saronite at about 29 gold, after transmuting got 39 titanium bars which I am trying to sell at 19per if they all sell I spent about 450 on bars will make about 750 - whatever the AH cut is, for a total of about 7 minutes of my time.  Since Cal is approaching 80 I am reluctant to keep sellin off my gem transmutes as I know pretty shortly I am going to have a need for gems to be cut so I need to make cash somehow, and titanium and the spellweave transmutes have been my income.

Calrisian - 74 Pally - I have become very disenchanted with questing so I have pretty much been doing the dungeon and logging out, at this rate I probably have another week till I hit 75 ..I would like to start running heroics so I really need to get my butt in gear with this toon.. anyhow I tanked AN .. again .. in the past 5 days I have gotten AN 3 times and DTK twice.. good news is  they are becoming second nature and I am blowing through em no problem.. Skirmishers at the beginning are the only annoyance as they don't like the threat meters as much as I do.

Naurix - 19 Shammy - Wailing Caverns sucks .. its long and maybe because it is a horde dungeon and I haven't run it .. like ever .. but I just find it very annoying, sleep from the druids drives me nuts it lasts too long and I am a fail shaman and forget to get my tremor totem down before every battle..  so we failed multiple times .. and it was everyones fault in different ways.. I don't think anyone knows how to run wc .. whatever.. we failed .. dropped group and I queued again healer popped for shadowfang keep..   relatively easy run,  we wiped once because I was chain silenced on those ghost guys and the tank went down, but I was soulstoned so I was able to run far enough away to be able to pop ss and res everyone to make it a quick recovery ..  I dunno about shammys so far.. I might just suck and haven't picked up the strats but as a healer .. right now its one heal (at a 2second cast) plus my drenai hot plus bandaging plus stone statue (for me) not a good bag for healing a group at this point.. priest and druid seem to definitely have  the edge at low level healing.   And as dps .. I just suck, I have been at bottom of chart constantly, I need to upgrade my weapon and really focus on getting out the right totems for every battle ..

No comments:

Post a Comment