Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am E-Sexist .. Does that make me a bad person?

My main is a chick.  Shes a priest and I enjoy playing her.  I get made fun of by my RL friends who think its weird I would play a female character.  But I dunno, I wanted to play a priest, and making a dude priest just didn't seem natural too me.  I am not an e-perv, all my toons are not women running around in dalaran with a pirate outfit trying to look sexy.  But I think I am guilty of stereotyping my character gender selection.   If I play a priest/shaman/mage they will most likely be chicks.  This may be based on my choice of fantasy literature and favorite female characters in those books,  Polgara, Cryssania, Hermione Granger (:-P) and at the same time if I play a warrior/hunter/paladin/deathknight/warlock/rogue, they tend to be dude toons again probably due to my fav chars from similar books, Artemis Entreri/the guy from the other eddings series/Drizzt..   Thats not to say there haven't been good characters breaking the mold .. but I was never a fan of Tika, and I always felt gandalf was more a warlock then a mage.  So .. Does that make me a bad person that I play chicks half the time I am playing WOW?  I don't flirt with guy toons or even RP as a chick as I am just in the game to run my heroics, get my badges and get better gear .. thats why I play.  That being said .. Blizzard (and other game makers) do make damn hot character models.. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment